- Learn to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist with Development and Organization of Project Document Control.
- Assist with tracking, updating, and distribution of construction documents throughout preconstruction phase.
- Assist with Meeting Minutes for Owner, Subcontractors, and Coordination meetings. Record and distribute these minutes.
- Assist with Options Studies and Value Engineering for cost savings.
- Assist with calling and soliciting bids for various subcontractor scopes of work.
- Assist with schedule updates and photo documentation.
- Assist in Project Setup in Preconstruction Excellence (Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost, Subcontractors, and Client).
- Assist in preparing scope sheets for estimate.
- Assist in quantity and material take offs.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing unique features of work on the construction project.
- Assist in development of general conditions for the project.
- Assist in utilizing 10 Group Studies to analyze historical costs
- Previous “hands on” construction and estimating experience
- Experience with Estimating software (OST)
- Experience with Excel and Sketch Up for preconstruction
- Experience with Document Control Software (Bluebeam)
- Experience with bidding software programs (Building Connected, isqft, etc)
Essential Job Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective oral/written communication; effectively shares knowledge and information
- Commitment to learning, staff development; ability to give/receive constructive
- Ability to make and support effective decisions within one’s scope of authority
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to plan and organize
- Flexible and creative in finding new ways to improve the organization’s effectiveness.