A Company Built on Trust
CORE Construction’s rich history started with one key moment in 1937, when our founder, Otto Baum, applied for a loan to start a masonry company. He had nothing to use as collateral except for his proven character and exemplary reputation. When the bank manager asked the loan officer why they should consider Otto's request, the officer simply replied, "I trust him." This event sparked the beginning of a company that would one day grow to multiple locations across the U.S., supported by over 1,200 employees and a strong culture built on the same trust Otto started the company with in 1937.
Comprehensive Knowledge and Industry Expertise
Utilizing comprehensive construction knowledge and industry expertise, CORE provides exceptional building services in 11 markets. See the types of projects we have worked on in your industry.
- 2017Ranked 4th Largest K-12 School Builder in the Nation.
- 2017Ranked in Top 100 Contractors by ENR.
- 2017Ranked in Top 50 Contractors by BD+C Giants 300.
- 2017Ranked in Top 100 Construction Management-at Risk Firms by ENR.
- 2017CORE Nevada awarded AGC Contractor of the Year for the 4th year in a row.
- 2017RiZE at Winter Springs in Florida wins the ABC Central Florida Chapter Award of Merit for Excellence in Construction.
- 2017CORE Louisiana voted Best Places to Work by City Business for the 3rd year in a row.
- 2017Tuscan Isle Solivita in Florida wins the ABC Central Florida Chapter Award of Merit for Excellence in Construction.
- 2011-2016CORE Nevada wins the AGC Best Safety record 6 straight years.
- 2016Ranked 3rd Largest K-12 School Builder in the Nation.
- 2016Lusher Charter School in Louisiana wins the ENR Award of Merit for Renovation/Restoration.
- 2016Monte Vista Elementary School Campus Replacement project in Arizona wins the ENR Award of Merit for K-12 Education.
- 2016Ranked 50th Largest Top Contracting Firm.
- 2016McDonogh 42 Elementary Charter School in Louisiana wins the ENR Award of Merit for Renovation/Restoration.
- 2016MCC Student Portal Project in Arizona selected to receive a Design Award from the American Institute of Architects Western Region.
- 2015CORE celebrates the expansion into northern FL by opening an office in Tallahassee and surpassing 1,200 employees.
- 2013 - 2015CORE Nevada awarded AGC Contractor of the Year 3 Years in a row.
- 2015CORE Louisiana voted Best Places to Work by City Business.
- 2015Awarded 3 CMAR high schools and 1 CMAR private church in the State of Louisiana.
- 2015Ranked 2nd Largest K-12 School Builder in the Nation.
- 2014CORE proudly opened its 10th office to serve the Indiana region.
- 2014Awarded 2 of the first 3 Design-Build contracts in the State of Louisiana.
- 2011 - 2014CORE Nevada wins the AGC Best Safety record 4 straight years.
- 2013CORE Texas is Medium Business of the Year at the Chamber’s 30th annual awards.
- 2012CORE Louisiana surpassed 2.5 Million Man Hours at Fort Polk without any Lost Time Incidents.
- 2012CORE built the Largest LEED platinum Residence Hall & 2nd Largest LEED Platinum Higher Education project in the world for the University of Arizona.
- 2010CORE expands it's presence into Louisiana by opening an office in New Orleans.
- 1980 - 1999Opened offices in Arizona, Florida, Nevada & Texas.
- 1937Company founded by Otto Baum in the Midwestern town of Morton, IL.